Ene Ahas Attorney at law, partner
Telephone: +372 510 6442
Attorney at law Ene Ahas advises clients mainly on matters related to family law, commercial law, bankruptcy law, law of obligations, succession law and enforcement procedure law.
Ene has acted as a trustee in bankruptcy for already more than 18 years, and has therefore long-term experience in providing legal assistance and representing clients in all judicial instances and in resolution
of various legal disputes related to bankruptcy law. Said legal experience together with higher education in economics provide Ene also with a good basis for conducting special audits in order to determine the
general solvency of a company as well as to assess the compliance of transactions concluded by shareholders or the management board with the interests of the company and shareholders and with legislation.
Ene is also actively engaged as a substitute member of the management board and as a conciliator.
Her in-depth devotion on family law was the main reason why Ene joined the charity project of the Estonian Bar Association and the Estonian Union for Child Welfare, “Good Advice to Families with Kids”.
Ene is the chairperson of the family law and audit committee of the Estonian Bar Association, and a member of the audit committee of the Estonian Chamber of Bailiffs and Trustees.
In addition, Ene acts as a voluntary youth leader and mentor for the Women’s Home Defence of the Estonian Defence League. Ene is a supporting member of the Estonian Reserve Officers’ Association.
Ene advises clients in Estonian, English and Russian.
- 2016 – partner, attorney at law, Law Office Pormeister
- 2014 – 2016 - attorney at law, Law Firm Sirel & Partners
- 2011 – 2014 - partner, attorney at law, Law Office Ahas & Heringson GLO
- 2010 – 2011 - attorney at law, Law Office Lillo & Lõhmus, Tallinn office
- 2008 – 2010 - attorney, Law Office Lillo & Lõhmus, Tallinn office
- 2006 – 2008 - attorney, Law Office Valge & Uiga, Tartu office
- 2004 – 2006 - lawyer, Law Office Valge & Uiga, Tartu office
- 1999 – 2004 - lawyer, Law Office Alaver & Partners, Tallinn office
- 1998 – acquisition of qualification as a trustee in bankruptcy
- 1998 – 1999 - lawyer, Law Firm Artig (office of a trustee in bankruptcy)
- 1997 – 1998 - lawyer, Reinhard KV OÜ
- 1994 – 1997 - consultant, Tartu District Court, Administrative and Civil Chamber
- 1993 – 1994 - assistant, Tartu District Court
- 1991 – 1993 - court session clerk, Tartu City Court
- 2005 – Institute of Law, University of Tartu, Bachelor’s degree (equal to Master’s degree) in Law
- 1998 – Estonian Agricultural University, Bachelor’s degree (equal to Master’s degree) in Entrepreneurship and Economics
- 1997 – Tallinn School of Economics, speciality of law
- 1991 – Tabivere Upper Secondary School (silver medal)
Selection of presentations and articles
- 13.07.2016 – Elatisvõlgnevuse sissenõudmiseks on kasutusel uued meetmed [in English: New Measures Used for Collection of Support Arrears], Märka Last, journal of Estonian Union for Child Welfare. Link to article
- 12.01.2106 – Kui välismaal elav vanem ei maksa elatist [in English: If Parent Residing Abroad Does Not Pay Support], Delfi. Link to article
- 08.01.2016 – Kui vanem ei maksa elatist [in English: If Parent Does Not Pay Support], Märka Last, journal of the Estonian Union for Child Welfare. Link to article
- 18.06.2015 – Kui vanem ei maksa elatist [in English: If Parent Does Not Pay Support], Märka Last, journal of the Estonian Union for Child Welfare. Link to article
- 16.01.2015 – Euroopa inimõiguste kohtulahendite analüüs, [in English: Analysis of Decisions of European Court of Human Rights], Märka Last, journal of the Estonian Union for Child Welfare. Link to article http://ajakiri.lastekaitseliit.ee/2015/01/16/euroopa-inimoiguste-kohtu-lahendite-analuus/
- 27.12.2015 – Kes ja kui palju maksab? [in English: Who Pays and How Much?] Pere ja Kodu. Link to article
- 2015 – Kas perest eraldamine on liigne sekkumine perekonnaautonoomiasse või üks lapse huve tagavatest meetmetest? [in English: Is Separation from Family Intervention in Family Autonomy or One of the Measures for Protecting Child’s Interests?] Juridica, 2015, No. 6. Link to article
- 2014 – trainer at the in-service training of the Estonian Bar Association, Fundamental Rights of Children
- Since 2013 – participating in and making presentations at legal seminars for child protection officials, initiated by the Estonian Union for Child Welfare “Samal poolel - lapse poolel“ [in English: On the Same Side, on the Child’s Side]. Link to article
- 06.2013 – Kuidas lapsele elatist nõuda [in English: How to Claim Support for Child], journal Mari. Link to article
- 15.05.2013 – Elatisraha on välismaal elavalt vanemalt keeruline kätte saada [in English: It Is Difficult to Collect Support from Parents Residing Abroad], ERR. Link to article
- 04.2013 – Lähenemiskeeld kui turvaja [in English: Restraining Order as Security Measure], journal Mari. Link to article
- 03.2013 – Kinkeleping – kellele ja milleks? [in English: Gratuitous Contract – for Whom and for What?], journal Mari. Link to article
- 02.2013 – Elatisnõudest lapsele ja vanemale [in English: Claim of Support for Child and Parent], journal Mari. Link to article
- 01.2013 – Testament tülide ärahoidja [in English: Will as Preventer of Disputes], journal Mari. Link to article
- 12.2012 – Elukaaslasena pärandimöllus [in English: Being an Unmarried Partner in Succession Case], journal Mari. Link to article
- 11.2012 – Kaaslaenajad ühisel pinnal [in English: Co-Borrowers on Joint Premises], journal Mari. Link to article
- 10.2012 – Mida teha, kui lapsega kohtuda ei saa [in English: What Should be Done if it is Not Possible to Meet Your Child], journal Mari. Link to article
- 2011 sügis – Lähisuhtevägivallast ja lähenemiskeelust [Violence within Intimate Relationships and Restraining Order], Märka Last, journal of Estonian Union for Child Welfare. Link to article