Alo Pormeister Attorney at law, partner
Telephone: +372 5660 2048
Attorney at law Alo Pormeister advises clients mainly on matters related to the law of obligations, property law, commercial law, bankruptcy law, tax law and administrative law.
Alo has over 15 years of experience in providing legal assistance to clients, including representing clients in civil and administrative disputes in all judicial instances. Alo represents clients also in arbitration disputes as well as at precontractual and extrajudicial negotiations.
In addition to the above, Alo provides legal counselling to companies in relation to financial risk hedging, foundation and restructuring of companies, in real estate transactions,
division of property in common ownership and joint ownership, in contractual disputes, as well as upon resolution of legal matters and disputes related to public procurement. Alo represents both creditors and debtors upon protection of their rights in all stages of bankruptcy proceedings.
Although Law Office Pormeister focuses mainly on business clients, Alo has also long-term experience in counselling of clients on matters of family law, including divorce of marriage, division of joint property, and in disputes related to parents’ right of custody over children.
Alo provides legal assistance also in matters related to succession.
Alo advises clients in Estonian, English, Russian and Finnish.
- 2016 – partner, attorney at law, Law Office Pormeister
- 2010 – 2016 partner, attorney at law, Law Firm Sirel & Partners
- 2006 – 2010 attorney at law, Law Firm Sirel & Partners
- 2005 – 2006 attorney at law, Law Office Laus & Partners
- 2002 – 2005 attorney, Law Office Laus & Partners
- 2000 – 2002 attorney, Law Office Lepik & Luhaäär (LAWIN)
- 1999 – autumn trainee, Civil Chamber of the Supreme Court
- 2002 – Stockholm University, Master of Laws (LL.M.) in European Law
- 2000 – University of Tartu, Bachelor’s degree (equal to Master’s degree) in Law
- 1995 – Upper Secondary School of Saue
Selection of presentations and articles
- 2014 – Ülevaade Eesti maksu- ja ettevõtluskeskkonnast [in English: Survey of the Tax and Business Environment of Estonia], International Tax and Business Guide of GGI (Geneva Group International)
- 04.10.2013 – Lecture on the general part of the law of obligations, entry into contracts, Tallinn University of Technology
- 02.02.2013 – Provision of health care services, liability and obligation of secrecy, presentation to dentists and dentists’ assistants
- 2011 – 2013 – Responding to legal questions on the portal www.vastused.ee
- 2008 – Abieluvaraleping kui investeeringute tagatis [in English: Marital Property Contract as Investment Security], Ärielu
- 04.03 – 10.03.2008 – Töötajat piirates kaitseb ettevõte oma majanduslikke huve [in English: By Restricting Employees, Company Protects its Business Interests], Ärielu
- 29.01 – 04.02.2008 – Kommentaar uuele pärimisseadusele, Pärija seisukohast on uus seadus positiivne [in English: Comments on the New Law of Succession Act - the New Act is Positive for Successors], Ärielu
- 02.10 – 08.10.2007 – Mis on kohustuslikud punktid töölepingus? [in English: Which Clauses are Obligatory in Employment Contract?] Ärielu